Saturday, October 30, 2010

First Post...Took Time to Get Here

This seems to be the proper day of this new 'journey' to drive a stake in the ground and say, IT HAS BEGUN.  I was not sure this day would come.  In the last 13 months my wife and I were married, I bought a motor home with a dream to travel, I lost a job, never got to travel even once, we sold her house, we got snowed in and missed our Caribbean cruise, we bought a future home in Florida, I was in a car accident and hospitalized, I landed another job, I struggled to sell my existing house, then finally found a buyer and had to move out in 2 weeks, moved into the RV locally and then yesterday I said good bye to my employer so we could move to Florida next week ---- WHEW!

So while we have been living in the RV for about 3 weeks now, today seems like the first day of the new adventure.  I feel as though I have left the confines of a big building, closed the door behind me and have walked into an open, sunny field that is yet to be mapped.  There are a few guide post along the way, the framework of a plan for living life on a different dimension from anything I envisioned before.  We have been inspired by many other RVer's and blogger's.  We hope to travel this great country over the next several years as part-timers.  Perhaps you will follow along and stay in touch with us as we discover this NEW American dream.

The blog is something I have never tried before.  I hope to use it often enough to keep you interested.  It is also my hope to expand it in order to quench some of my broader interests.  Thanks for stopping in. Send a note our way anytime.

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to RVing and retirement. Congratulations on your wedding, too!

    Hubby is a retired FF/Paramedic of 31 years in Annapolis area in Maryland. We both ride, we travel with a 41' toy hauler. Oh, and we just got married in April 2009 - we were both widowed when we met at an RV rally (Escapade in Gillette, WY).

    We're in TN right now, working on our land getting it ready for an RV site. Then we head to FL through March.

    Check my profile to see all our blogs and our email addy. Love to meet up on the road some day.

    ReplyDelete